CometLab User Workshop
CometLab will be a new digital manufacturing lab and collaboration platform for space industry at the heart of NL Space Campus. By providing cutting-edge digital design tools, advanced equipment and open-source technologies, it will be a breeding ground for innovative ideas which companies, researchers/engineers and students can use to develop new research activities, products and services for the space sector. It will be a place to collaborate and partner up with ESA and other stakeholders on campus. Within the diverse space ecosystem, there will be opportunities for larger-scale manufacturing and specialized applications. The lab will be dedicated primarily to early phase concept studies, low TRL projects and educational/ training purposes.
To identify your needs as a potential customer or partner of CometLab we are inviting you to join our workshop to help us shape the lab’s future. We would like to learn from you: 1. Who are the potential customers and partners of the lab; 2. What should the lab offer you in terms of facilities and services and 3. How/ what are you willing to contribute/ pay for the usage of the lab’s services and facilities. The workshop will be organised in the form of interactive break out sessions where you will get an access to our digital whiteboard in MURAL to add digital sticky notes and comments during the session.
All the participants are kindly asked to fill in a questionnaire that is sent around before the workshop.
Date: 9th October
Time: 17:00 – 19:30
Place: Decos, Huygensstraat 30, Noordwijk
Registration: Via email email@example.com
Max. nr of participants: 30
What to bring: Your laptop
Organizer: NL Space Campus Fablab Foundation
- Introduction CometLab, current status and next steps
- Division into 2 groups: Group 1 - Services, will work on the proposition of a customer/partner who is interested in collaboration (services) and Group 2 - Facilities, will work on the proposition of a customer/partner who is interested in production/prototyping (facilities)
- Exercise 1: In the 1st exercise the participants embody a customer of CometLab and answer the following questions: 1. Who are the customers of CometLab; 2. What should CometLab offer them; 3. How should the customer pay for the use of CometLab
- Short break
- Exercise 2: In the 2nd exercise the participants embody a partner of CometLab and answer the questions: 1. Who are the partners of CometLab; 2. What should CometLab offer them; 3. How should the partner contribute CometLab
- Plenary presentations of the results including a short reflection